The Office of Strategic Communications (OSC) helps to promote the University’s mission and values to a variety of internal and external audiences. This is the first port of call for media inquiries and shares MU news with the world.
The office offers a range of communication support across the MU community — particularly for the Office of the President, the Office of University Advancement and the Office of Marketing.
Some of the Office of Strategic Communications responsibilities:
- Communications plans and message strategy for University news, events and achievements
- Crisis and emergency communications
- Media relations, including press releases, fact sheets, promotion and distribution of stories, interview preparation and editing op-eds
- Editorial services for key communications to alumni and friends, including Manchester magazine, newsletters and email announcements
- Internal communications that build community among students, faculty and staff including:
- MU Today, the University’s online news hub
- The online Campus Calendar